Are you interested in a snapshot of essential eLearning Statistics and Trends for 2022? Technological advancements are revolutionizing the global eLearning industry. Online learning is opening new windows of opportunities to everyone interested in learning. Statistics show that the eLearning industry’s growth is gradually skyrocketing.
Learning institutions, course instructors, students, and all interested parties should harness the incredible potential of online learning in 2022 and beyond.
The post presents a snapshot of essential online learning statistics and trends for 2022. The highlighted statistics include K-12 eLearning statistics, Tertiary eLearning statistics, Corporate eLearning statistics, the effectiveness of eLearning, and educators’ attitudes toward online learning.
What is the projected value of eLearning market?
According to GlobeNewswire, the eLearning market will reach $457.8 billion by 2026. A critical driving force for this growth is the increase of institutions offering online learning opportunities. The value of the global eLearning market in 2021 was approximately US$ 253.3 Billion.
What are the key factors driving the growth of global e-learning market?
- Increased penetration of wireless communication technologies
- Extensive use of online learning programs in learning institutions and corporates
- COVID-19 pandemic triggered a faster shift from traditional to online learning methods
Highlights: K-12 eLearning Statistics
|64% of online learning opportunities||Designed to provide courses not available in a specific school|
|57% of online learning opportunities||Designed to help students recover from missed or failed courses|
|87% increase||Use of remote management apps in academics in 2021|
|57% US students||Equipped with digital learning tools in 2021|
Highlights: Tertiary eLearning Statistics
|46% of institutions||Offered remote learning options|
|32% of students in public institutions||Enrolled for atleast 1 online course|
|98% of Universities||Operate online learning classes|
|5% of undergraduates||Took atleast one online course|
Highlights: Corporate eLearning Statistics
|77% of US Companies||Provide online learning opportunities|
|67% of Companies||Offered online learning via mobile devices|
Highlights: eLearning Effectiveness
- 48% of undergraduate and graduate students rate online learning than face-to-face learning
- 42% of graduate students prefer online learning
- 30% of undergraduate students prefer online learning
- Online learning requires 40-60% less time compared to face-to-face learning
Source: THINK IMPACT
Highlights: Attitude of Educators towards Online Learning
- 49% of professors consider eLearning more effective than face to face learning
- Increasing engagement in online classes is a concern for 71% of professors
- 39% of educators want accessibility to online learning resources improved
- Improving student collaboration is a concern for 31% of educators
Source: THINK IMPACT
Online Course and MOOC Statistics
- The global MOOC market is projected to grow by 29% annually from 2020-2025
- The global MOOC market is expected to reach $21.4 billion by 2025
- 67% of students use mobile devices to complete online course tasks
- 79% of MOOC learners possess Bachelor’s degree or higher
What are the Barriers to Online Learning?
- Lack of access to high speed internet – 50% of rural and low-income schools more likely to have low speed internet.
- Lack of access to a computer
- Prohibitions of online learning enrollments
- 1 in 3 households lack adequate space for proper learning experience.
Call to Action
Are you interested in more intriguing and detailed eLearning statistics and trends for 2022 and beyond?
How about graphs and more explanations of what the statistics and trends mean?
Read the following reports:
100 Essential E-Learning Statistics for 2022 – Click here.
eLearning Statistics by THINK IMPACT – Click here.
Global E-Learning Market to Reach $457.8 Billion by 2026 by GlobeNewswire – Click here.
E-Learning Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2022-2027 by imarc Group – Click here.
If you need more reports, statistics, and related content, please DM.
Check our blog for more insightful updates.